Quick Quarantine Lunches

Both of us are stuck at home with virtual schooling and sometimes it can feel like an endless cycle of screen time. However, both of us always look forward to making our own lunches in between classes. This month, we wanted to share some of our favorite quick and relatively simple lunches to make that take less than an hour!

Avocado Toast

Avocado toast can never go wrong! My favorite bread for making avocado toast is sourdough (love sourdough) because it has a great flavor and is a thicker bread to hold the avocado. In my mashed avocado mixture, I love to put some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon juice to give the avocado some more flavor. Then to top it all off, I usually put on some chili flakes to give it some spice. I also put on some sautéed tomatoes (with pepper, salt, and garlic powder) to add some tartness to the toast.

Summer Roll

Summer rolls are all the craze! Not being able to go get spring rolls/summer rolls from our favorite Vietnamese places during quarantine has made us turn to our own kitchens to make them. Some of our favorite ingredients that we love to put inside are avocados, shrimp, and lettuce. As for the rice paper, we like to get them at a local Asian supermarket. For the sauce we like to dip it in a citrus-soy blend.

Pasta

Gigi Hadid's pasta recipe has blown up everywhere! Nothing beats a good penne alla vodka, so I'd definitely recommend this! All you have to do for the sauce is sautée garlic and onions, and cook together tomato paste, heavy cream, spices, and butter. For a stronger taste, you can add vodka, but it's totally optional. Super easy and delicious!

Scallion Oil Noodles

Scallion oil noodles are super easy and quick to make. Start by boiling your noodles on the side then chopping up your scallions. In a bowl, combine together equal parts of soy and oyster sauce. Add a bit of chicken bouillon powder into the mixture and a tablespoon of heated up oil. After your noodles are done cooking, add them into the sauce mixture and give it a good stir. You should be left with aromatic, yummy noodles!

Beef Noodle Soup

Beef noodle soup can't be made very quickly, although I thought I'd still share! Hand pulled noodles are one of my favorite foods ever and if you love noodles, you have to try it! You really can taste the difference between factory made noodles and hand pulled ones, it honestly is life changing. If you ever want to try it, I'd recommend Tasty Hand Pulled Noodle or Hand-Pulled Noodle Q in Chinatown, NYC!

Wraps

I've recently been into making wraps because they're not only filling and healthy, but also quick to make. I usually like to get quinoa flour tortillas and put a layer of Chipotle B****in' Sauce on it. On top of the sauce, I love to put in some sliced up bell peppers and tomatoes for extra veggies. To top the whole wrap off, I usually like to put in some shrimps that I cooked with minced garlic to add some form of seafood and flavor to the wrap. 



Comments