Back to School Senior Year

Hey guys! We haven't been posting as regularly as before because school has started and we've got a lot to do in these upcoming months. We will try to post as often as we can, but please know that we're balancing other stuff too! Today we're going to be talking about how our senior year is going so far and how we're trying to find ways to take a step back and relax!



    Going back to school this year has definitely been anxiety filled. One of us decided to do fully remote and another decided to do in person (although in person has been delayed). With some students deciding to stay at home and some going in person, our schedules have definitely been a little funny, but we are trying to make the best of it! One of the struggles of doing online classes is definitely trying to find a balance and figuring out a schedule to go by. Being at home, the whole aura is definitely different than the feeling of being physically at school. Consequently, it's definitely important to figure out a designated area to work from so it makes you feel somewhat put together and more productive. My personal favorite is a bed desk! In my opinion, it is the perfect combination of comfort and school, and I would definitely recommend investing in one. 

    One of the upsides of doing classes at home is being able to make our own lunch and have a lot more lunch options than if we were to be eating lunch at school. Recently, we have been loving making chicken salads, smoothie bowls, coconut curry, and ramen!

    However, I think that one of the downsides so far is that now we're spending even more time in front of the screens and at our desks. As a result, I find that now it's harder to be active and I also think that with so much more screen time, it also hurts my vision. Also, I have been writing and typing a lot for long periods of times, so my arms have also started to hurt and feel exhausted. One of the things that I found helps most is making sure you have an hour each day just to either workout or meditate and do yoga. I also find that having been in quarantine so long and now having classes at home all day can be tiring in the sense that my mood slightly goes down because I feel so confined. Consequently, I try to make the effort to leave the house at least once a week, even if it's just driving around in the car. 

    This year might be super weird and challenging, but we are still trying to be positive and make the best out of it! Pretend like this year is just like any other school year, and remember to take breaks whenever you need them. This is a great time to start a new hobby, TV show, or even to reflect on life! Remember that we are all in the same boat and this is just temporary. Stay safe!

Comments

  1. I’m a senior as well, I had the option between teacher to student zooms or an online program where the entire work for the year is already there and I go at my own pace. I chose the second option and I’m really pleased with it because I can still go to outdoor cafes and do school work and in general just work from anywhere. It’s also nice because I can get ahead or I can go at the pace it tells me to, although I don’t and am most likely not going to have much a senior year with the usual senior activities which is kinda annoying I can still find time here and there to see friends safely! I completely agree with how you guys mentioned that your eyes are starting to hurt from looking at the computer all day, I need to buy some blue light glasses right away hehe
    Stay safe! Loved this post ⭐️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment